Monday 30 November 2009

Cornershop - Free Love

In a thinly veiled attempt to seem slightly more productive this month I'm sneaking the forthcoming Cornershop single into my blog for two reasons - it's great and the video is aces too.

I've always had a soft spot for Cornershop (dodgy big beat remixes aside) and still think 'Born for the Seventh Time' is a [well] good record so it was a nice surprise to hear this on the radio today - they're still more than capable of putting out records that are as catchy as they are unclassifiable. In their own words 'psychedelic extrapolation of Punjabi folk'. The gloriously hand-crafted video is animated by Chris Hemming - have a peek by clicking here.

I'm still knee deep in Special Benny artwork that has had me fretting for what is beginning to seem like forever...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks Mat, glad you liked it. The new tracks they're working on, for which I'm doing another video, are amazing. Exciting days ahead for cornershop.