Wednesday 24 November 2010

Printing 'The Absurd Balloon'

Tired of screen-printing at some Godforsaken rat-hole, paying over the odds to be bossed around by cliquey studio nazis, whilst sharing print-bed space with feckless posh kids who can't even draw?* Time to dry those eyes kids because you too can now print from the relative comfort** of your own home! Sing hosanna! You will have mini bites this Christmas and beyond!

What follows are some process photos from last week when I printed the second colour of 'The Absurd Balloon'. It went pretty well although I think I'm in need of a new screen. The print will probably be available at some point although interest from Threadless may mean it never sees the light of day - watch this space. I'm also going to put up an easy step-by-step guide to screen-printing from home as well because it's a bit of a doddle, very cheap to do and everyone should unleash they're creative beast now and again. Ben Javens still gets mad props*** for showing me the way.

* Any resemblance to any real print studios, either living or dead, is purely coincidental.
** It's cold and damp - Annie frequently comes in from work to find me sniffing my records suspiciously.
*** Not sure what these are exactly but he's welcome to all of mine.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that's how it's done in the pro world. V. nice.