Wednesday 4 January 2012

Pictoplasma Paris monster

As promised here's my contribution to the Pictoplasma Paris exhibition. The best article I could find was this one featuring lots of pictures from the shows and also lots of beautiful Parisian girls mooching about looking all beautiful and sophisticated. Wish I'd gone now - I could've sat in the corner eating an entire multi-bag of Wotsits, drinking cheap lager and creeping them out.

The illustration was something I did dead quick one afternoon - stylistically it's sort of mine but I've managed to channel some ye olde (early naughties?) skate art too which I'm not especially pleased about. The colour version is a bit too clean. I prefer the black and white ink drawing which has mad clean line-work.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome illustration! I like both the black & white ink drawing and the colored version. I think the colored one would look neat on a shirt. Very cool work, as always! :)

Mat Pringle said...

Thanks! I'm not sure what I can and can't do with the artwork as Pictoplasma often compile the artwork from their exhibitions for books but watch this space...