Wednesday 18 January 2012

'Woody Allen' illustration

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative".

This illustration is unintentionally a little too far down the caricature road for my liking but there's still something about it I'm happy with. I'd like to think my frequent fails were down to my desire to be so innovative but frankly I'd be kidding myself.

My mum chanced upon these black and white illustrations the other day and was initially very kind about them and then proceeded to point out where I'd gone wrong for each and every one of them. After I'd stopped crying I thought actually that would make an amazing zine. So basically if I manage twenty of these portraits I'll put out a zine and accompanying every portrait will be my mum's critical response to it - "the face is too narrow - it needs to be wider", "his nose is too long", "looks like Albert Einstein" etc.

No comments: