Monday 30 April 2012

Secret 7" submission

As mentioned previous I submitted a sleeve for the Secret 7" exhibition and it sold on the opening weekend so I can finally reveal the artwork here.

I chose to do Bombay Bicycle Club's 'Lights Out, Words Gone (Rub-a-dub remix)'.  We were told to avoid obvious nods to the band or song title in our designs so I figured it was a good opportunity to draw an over-sized blue bear skulking around Crouch End (where the band come from).

Here's a video of the opening morning of the sale which coincided with Record Store Day.  Make sure you take a look at the sleeves that didn't sell on the weekend; they're available on ebay HERE.



1 comment:

Jessixa Bagley said...

This is awesome. I love the line work and the juxtaposition of the bold blue against the grays. So bizarre and great.